3.14.2005

making an entrance



I was out walking the other day with my dog, Leo, and I came across this hole in a tree. Standing there wondering what such a hole might be used for, I noticed these beautiful green parakeets (or something of the nature) flying around in the trees, singing to the sun. It's kind of funny seeing these tropical birds at all when you are walking in Amsterdam. Nonetheless, I kept walking unsure what to think.

I circled around again though and sure enough, this little green bird emerges from the hole. Imagine that. In Amsterdam. Nature. It made me happy.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I really like the colors in this shot-- such drab gray in the gnarled trees with such a brilliant green in the bird's feathers and such crisp blue in the background. The image is indeed a bit of a paradox-- with an obviously tropical bird in an obviously un-tropical environment-- but I think it's beautiful and even meaningful. I really enjoy visiting your blog, Bret.