11.02.2005

Missing the Experience, Experience the Missing

As it turns out, I miss Amsterdam tremendously. I didn't at first. I liked being back in the States. I liked the open spaces and the green grass and the sunny sky. Now though, I find myself missing Amsterdam more and more.

I was looking at my friend Eric's blog with a picture of the Damrak and reading stories about telling stories and missing the stories of Amsterdam. I miss the Damrak and business of the city. I miss the unique architecture and the diversity of the people. I miss strolling the streets window shopping and cruising along the canals on my cheap bike musing over the days happenings. I miss my friends.

It's strange to be somewhere you love so much and miss somewhere else so much. The mountains and weather and laid back atmosphere and did I mention the sun...? These things are amazing in Colorado. Amsterdam is different. I don't know if it's the vibe or if it's the rain or the cafes or the spirtual climate. It's different and I like different. If only Amsterdam was surrounded by mountains...

No comments: