3.10.2006

rest...



"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for you souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11: 28-30

it's quoted a lot these verses. did you even take time to think about it though...? i mean meditate on the idea. our burdens, our troubles can be taken care of. our tired legs and weary souls, they can be refreshed in the life of Christ. this is profound.

i took the picture above in crete, greece with todd. a man slumping over his donkey after what i presume was a very difficult day in the olive fields. the sun beating on his brow, his shoulders hunched, his legs weak. he needs rest.

i feel this way sometimes even when i haven't done any signifant manual labor. sometimes i just feel burdened. heavy. weak. downtrodden. and most of the time i fail to remember about Jesus. there is life in Him. i fail to remember that in Him is rest and rejuvenation. i don't remember. i sulk. i cry. i wimper.

not today. today i remembered. tomorrow i will too. next week too. don't know why. it hit me. like revelation. there is rest to be found. just look.

No comments: