3.01.2006

two great things

i know i said i would write about power next, but please forgive me - these other two things are just too good.

1) if you have seen this story of jason mcelwain, please follow the link and check it out - click on the video first and then read the story - have the tissues near by, this might be one of the greatest stories of all time.

2) i accepted a job with the denver school of science and technology today. after six months of searching, i'm finally employed... well almost, i don't start for a little while yet. finally.

these are good things.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Congratulations Bret! Looks like a great work environment.

Eric said...

What great news, to hear that you have a job that you're excited about! Gefeliciteerd en veel succes daarmee!

I also really enjoyed the Jason McElwain story. You said that we should have tissues on-hand, but I didn't really expect to be as moved by it as I was. The video story was truly great, and I did indeed find myself crying as I watched it. What is it about sports that allows us men to tap into emotions that are usually so difficult to express?