6.05.2006

a nature tour...

One of the great things about moving back to Colorado from Amsterdam has been riding my bike. Yesterday I rode from Loveland up to Estes Park through the Devil's Gulch, back down Big Thompson Canyon, through Masonville and to our house in Fort Collins. It was about 76 miles with 5000 ft. of elevation gain (can see a map of the ride here - put it in hybrid and zoom in to see the satellite imagery). I'm no Tour de France type of guy, but I nonetheless enjoy the freedom a bike provides. It also gives you a chance to take life on the road a little more slowly.

I can explore. I can feel the wind on my face. I also get to see wildlife and yesterday was no exception. I saw the following animals on my ride.



Mule Deer



Wild Turkey



Red Fox



Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep

No comments: