6.09.2006

this is fighting music...



PHOTO FRIDAY - another picture of Asher - in fighting mode...

So, I've been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan, Rage Against the Machine, Bob Marley and Public Enemy lately. I used to listen to a lot of Rage and Public Enemy but not much over the past few years. Anyway, I've been drawn to them because their music represents something more than just music. It represents something about justice and reflection and oppression and more. Their music has a message.

Rage talks of injustice in Mexico, Dylan of the war in Vietnam, Marley of oppression in the Caribbean, and Public Enemy of the African American race. I'm inspired by these musicians to let me actions speak louder than my words. Plus, I like their music.

But, I don't find too many artists out there today who have done what these guys have done for music. Do you know any contemporary musicians who speak out against the injustices of the world (besides U2) - please let me know if you know any, I'd love to take a listen.

1 comment:

Rosco said...

Yo Bret,
you should have a look at my post a few days ago. Ben Harper. He's doing amazing things...