11.27.2006

the pursuit


God Light
Originally uploaded by borga.
I'm doing my yearly read of AW Tozers "the Pursuit of God" and am once again captured by the simplicity and compassion in which Tozer lays out my God. I'm convinced to read this book every autumn season as I think about my goals and commitments for the next year. It is a great kickoff.

On one of the first pages of the book, Tozer states "The modern scientist has lost God amid the wonders of His world: we Christians are in real danger of losing God amid the wonders of His word." I can't help but to stop and think for a moment about this short comment.

I was in Cancun last week swimming with dolphins - seriously - and came out of the ocean to see this poster of the dolphin. It explained that dolphins have evolved from an acient wolf like creature (very furry and fierce looking) which no longer wanted to live on land so developed into the dolphin we know today (graceful and smooth under water.) I thought to myself, "How could this possibly be...?", and thought that this is being taught in our schools. God is lost in His own creation.

And then, I think about my Christian experience and realize I too am lost almost always. I am lost in my own world as I see God, rather than being found in the wonderful world He has made and set before us. It is possible to be in pursuit of Him and I want to be so bad.

No comments: