9.15.2006

sometimes you can't make it on your own


Hands Set (6)
Originally uploaded by Photo Doocker.
I bought the U2 Vertigo Tour DVD last night. I couldn't help it. I like movies. I really do. But, concerts - wow. Concerts bring humans together for sharing if only for a moment in order to bond in music. The rhythm and the soul and jazz and the drums and guitar and the performance. These things unite people.

I especially like the song "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" as Bono comes to the front of the stage, actually takes his glasses off and belts out a tribute to his father. You look in the mirrow and see yourself. You can't make it on your own. My neither.

Maybe that's why I like the song. I realize my infirmity and that makes me humber. I need others and they need me. Is that not the essence of community. I love it.

No comments: