9.29.2006

No longer home

A far away view of the Zolder - an approprite image given I will never see it from within again. The inside is but a memory and photograph, nothing more. Still, I will never forget it.

I posted on Eric's blog earlier today cause I had this weird feeling that I somehow understood his "work struggle" from three/four years ago. You feel on the outside.

It's weird not being in Amsterdam right now. I see the pictures of packing up and an empty Zolder - a casket of what once was as Eric put it. It's sad to me, much like I'm at a funeral. I'm sad because the Zolder meant so much to me as our HOME there, but also because I wasn't there to help everyone pack up and move on to the next pasture. Somehow, I feel almost like I was never there - like it's a dream.

In Exodus, God leads his people far from the promised land, through the desert, such that they may find HIM first before finding the milk and honey. I wonder if that's where God is taking the Zolder now. Will there be desert ahead and manna on the grass as dew in the morning...? Time will tell I suppose.

For now though, it makes me sad to know I'll never see the inside of that building again. Very sad. Still, this is a time of renewal and growth and challenge. Great things will come I'm sure and that gives me great hope.

Lee, Diane, Todd, Lindy , Eric, Marci, Patricia, Linda, Sam, Theo, JJde, SNde, Wilmy, Naomi, Ned, Daryl, Katy - I know I've forgotten some - there are not many of the original crew left. And yet, the church goes on. How cool.

No comments: