1.18.2007

Hypocrite, Coward and Fool


Neds man from the front again
Originally uploaded by Photo Doocker.

Shane Claiborne starts his book, The Irresistible Revolution, with the following:

"Dedicated to all the hypocrites, cowards and fools... like me. May we find the Way, the Truth and the Life in a world of shortcuts, deception and death."

I am a hypocrite.

I am a coward.

I am a fool.

Thank you for your words Shane as they strike me deep with the cavities of my chest.

Further, I read another short passage that I can't help but to fall in love with:

"...there is another movement stirring, a little revolution. Many of us are refusing to allow distorted images of our faith to define us. There are those of us, who rather than simply reject pop evangelism, want to spread another kind of Christianity, a faith that has as much to say about this world as it does the next. New prophets are rising up who try to change the future, not just predict it. There is a movement bubbling up that goes beyond cynacism and celebrates a new way of living, a generation that stops compplaining about the church it sees and becomes the church it dreams of. And this little revolution is irresistible. It is a contagious revolution that dances, laughs and loves."

I love to dance.

I love to laugh.

I love to love.

Thanks again Shane for speaking truth to my soul.

No comments: