1.26.2007

it's all about perspective


Windows on an Angle
Originally uploaded by Photo Doocker.

If I was to tell you the sky was green, what would you say...? Would you tell me I was insane...? Would you think I was insane...? Or, would you stop to ask what sky I was talking about...? Would you wonder if I was speaking some other language...?

It's all about perspective.

I don't always sympatize with others view - that is for sure. Our differences make a big deal and understanding those differences can be crucial to understanding each other. Our family structure, histroy, experiences, location, culture - these are all part of defining who we are.

I want to do a much better job of trying to understand other people.

And yet, don't we all linger and long for the same things. Don't we all desire (1) a sense of belonging, (2) a air of competency, and (3) a feeling of worthiness...? I'll be exploring all of these in coming posts.

No comments: