1.29.2006

practice 2

In another round of practicing wide angle shots, I took these pictures near a park I often run and walk with Leo (my Chesapeake Bay Retriever.)



Unfortunately for the sun beams coming in from the left, I used a fisheye to capture this walkway over a bog in the park. It was what they call a "bluebird" day here in Colorado and it's not hard to figure out why. There is no digital retouch at all to this image. The sky was amazing.



There's not much to explain about this shot of some reeds set against the backdrop of a small wooden bridge. It's just sort of classic front and rear imagery.



Lastly, this image was taken using a warm filter at sunset over the mountains east of Boulder. I used the window of my car as a 'tripod' and found the tree in the foreground as a good centerpiece. It gives you a good feel for why I love Colorado.

3 comments:

LDubs said...

Bret, I like the pictures. Especialy the third one. I can't say exactly why I love it, but it does something to me. Although it does make me a lot jealous, and I wonder what in the heck I am doing living in this srdine can of a city.
Keep going with it!
Lee

Naomi said...

Bret,

I'm glad you've decided to start "practicing" and that you're sharing a bit more of your experimentation with us via the worldwide web. Your pictures are beautiful! Without question--You have REAL talent! I'm also glad that you're taking such beautiful pictures of the Colorado I LOVE! you're giving me mouthfuls of home, so that I don't miss it quite so much.

Thanks for your note on my blog...I have to admit that I was thinking of you and Jayla just the other night as I was riding my bike through the city. I'm sad that we crossed paths...but in some ways, it seems like your presence is still very real here in Amsterdam--although, mostly through internet access! It's amazing how technology makes us feel like we're not so many thousands of miles away.

have fun wintersporten at Keystone. treat my roomie with lots of love and care.

groetjes, Naomi

J.R. Woodward said...

Dude,

I love the pictures, especially the second one and third one. I'm still trying my hand a photography too. By the way, if you update my blog it should have the www before it. www.jrwoodward.net

Peace