1.31.2006

Practice 3

Some more pics from a day in denver...



A street scene on the corner of Colfax and Colfax and Colfax. I was amazed looking back after having crossed the street at the amount of information and signage surrounding us at all times. We learn to tune it out to pass it by, but it's there, everywhere.



Another building shot - glass, glass, glass. The picture of endless mirrors floating into the sky is a normal one in downtown America. You look up and all you see are windows. Windows in every direction especially up.



I was standing on a corner by a hotdog vendor, snapping pictures of the hotdogs and the people buying the hot dogs when I noticed this row of newspaper boxes. Free Newspapers. New York newspapers. Denver Posts. There was a lot of black and white print in oddly colorful boxes. Not sure why I took black and white. The man walking by said "hi" as if maybe he knew me. I didn't know him.



A classic perspecitve shot down a row of columns, the same columns in the photo from a previous post. This time I was between the columns and the main building looking west towards the mountains. Of course, you would never know that because you can't see the mountains. I still like the wide angle perspective.



Lastly, another building. The sun is glaring off a lot of glass, what else...? This photo isn't perticularly spectacular, but I like the way it looks very "un"rectangular. It looks like the top is bending up and to the left. Did you notice it...? It's what I enjoy.

3 comments:

J.R. Woodward said...

Bret,

I like the row of columns and the glass, glass, glass shots.

Rosco said...

breto,
that last shot is really nice. I like it because you don't know what you are looking at. A curios photo will draw you in. Keep it up man...I'm enjoying seeing the progression!
rosco

mb said...

I was just getting a little more confident and happy with my own pictures and then you start posting this sort of stuff....

I've got a loooong way to go. Thanks for letting me know :-)

I am só not ready yet to find my niche. I still like to shoot everything; I still think that 'okay' pictures are good enough; I still don't practise with an idea behind it.
But I don't really mind it too much right now.

I do hope the baby pictures will turn out nice...

Brett: keep practising. If it's not for finding out what you're good at, then just do it for the beautifull shots.
Michaël