1.26.2006

practice

Given my blog yesterday, unsure of myself, I decided to practice a little with my newfound niche in downtown Denver. Here is what I came up with:



This first image is of skateboarder, presumably skipping out on school since it was the middle of the day. Don't know. What caught my eye was obviously the skateboarder, the main subject of this picture, but also the school bus and more importantly the sidewalk itself. The sidewalk is his road and the sidewalk was also big and mostly empty. Being as it was, the sidewalk seemed like a good place to skate, but he wanted to be in the intersection of the sidewalk near the people. It's a funny thing about wanting attention. I wanted to make the sidewalk a predominant piece of the action, which I think I accomplished.





This next image was obvious for me, not much to explain. A man walked by, I was standing at the corner of this building with many columns. The shadows and columns made a perfect contrast to the lonely stroll reading the newspaper. I suppose I could have just shot the columns or could have just shot the man, but it's what the eye saw in its entirety that grabbed my attention. It's also what makes the shot.










Finally, this last picture tells the story of downtown, not just in Denver, but in just about any big city. Sometimes when you look up all you see are windows meshed with concrete meshed with some steel or whatever. You don't see sky. You don't see people. You don't see anything organic. Just building.

So, that's it for today, a little practice and a little angle.

No comments: