8.09.2006

a love so beautiful

If you have kids, I hope you will know what I mean. Love. Simply. I shouldn't even write anything else. I look at him and my heart is immediately soft and alive, smiling at the moment.

He is growing so fast now. He speaks in full sentences though he doesn't use words. He runs. He runs so fast that his legs can't aways keep up. He falls. But he gets back up. He runs, arms wide into my open arms and jumps for me. It is the best of feelings.

When he sleeps he sticks his little butt in the air and folds his arms underneath his chest to stay warm. It doesn't look comfortable to me. I've tried it and only lasted a couple minutes. He likes it though. Sometimes I go in his room at night and watch him sleep. I peer through the rails that make up his bed and just stare. I cry once in awhile overwhelmed by him. He was so little and helpless. Now he is getting so big and independent. He's still only 16 months.

He tries to use a spoon and fork. He eats cantaloupe like I do. He pushes a little play cart around pretending he's on an important mission. He quacks like a duck and roars like a lion. He plays non-stop with the energy of ten grown men.

He fell asleep on my back while hiking the other day. I loved it. His head rested against me neck as I tried my best to walk smoothly over decidedly uneven terrain. He must not have noticed though.

He hugs me. He gives me open mouth kisses. He loves me and I love him too and it's so, so beautiful.

1 comment:

Todd said...

I'm with ya.