2.09.2007

PhotoFriday


Beach Huts - Holland
Originally uploaded by Photo Doocker.

I don't even know what PhotoFriday is, but I saw that the theme was "sky" so I picked a picture of the sky.

As per any photo though, I'm reminded of my memories when I see this pic. I took it while vacationing in Texel (Northeastern tip of Holland) with my wife and our great friends Seth and Kathryn. We rode bikes all around, eat great meals, hung out, drank some good beers and just plain enjoyed each other.

I'd say if there was one thing - one thing - that has been hardest about where we live today, it's that I don't have any "heart" friends too close. I mean, I have Cole and Joe and Brian and they are indeed such friends, but they are an hour away. Indeed, an hour is not so bad, but it's not so close either. I miss having friends like Seth and Todd and Theo and Brian and Joe and Lee Steef and Cole and Mike and Matt and Mac and Drew and Jurren and Justin and Sam and Jonas and others close by - I mean like within a few minutes. These are great friends. True friends. Amazing friends. These are the friends who live in so many memories.

No comments: